Our Strategy & Objectives
Our key strategic objectives are:
1. Effective Representation of ICAN in the UK
2. Improving the Professional Competence of our members
3. Promoting Cohesion among our members and the Nigerian community
4. Promoting our members' social well-being
5. Ensuring the Financial Viability of the District
Implementation & Review
In implementing this strategy, we will strengthen the following key areas of our work and closely align them with our strategy:
1. Improve the quality of our communications using our website and publications to foster participation of our members; disseminate key technical information that will improve our members' competencies; provide better information; promote positive values and serve as an image of ICAN to the outside world.
2. Focus our charity work on promoting a positive image of the Nigerian accountant. We will support charities in the areas of empowerment and capacity building for people who can project our values and image.
3. We will strengthen our mentoring scheme to serve the needs of our members and possibly the wider community and work with stakeholders to establish volunteer or work-experience schemes that can benefit both parties.